Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Dash Cluster Bulbs

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Hi guys, im trying to replace the bulbs in the Dash Cluster.
I know most are T5 but there is a smaller one for the klm window at bottom, i thought it was a T3 but it's too small.

I now see you can get T4 and T4.2 ones. Would this be the correct one or is there another type again?

Now have a nice collection of bulbs and holders to suit T3 - T10 ....

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
This question comes up like monthly on here. Did you do a search first? Sorry, I don't like being that person, but you know, you're not the first person to have to replace their dash cluster lights in a 22 year old car.
Measure the diameter of the base of the T3 you have. Use a micrometer/calipers if you have them. If the T3 is 8mm across the base, then the place in the dash where it sits should be 8mm also (see pic).

open.jpg

If I'm right and it's 8mm, then measure the place in the dash where the mystery bulb goes. A T4.2 should be 10mm, a T4.7 is 12mm, so if the gap you have is smaller, then it's probably not a T4.2 or a T4.7 you want. Do you still have the old mystery bulb? You can always take it somewhere like Jaycar and they'll tell you what it is. How many mm is the mystery bulb?

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
I just found this new page on the interweb called googles, has all sorts of things. Questions I haven't even asked yet. I'm going to try a few curly ones and see if I can fool it.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Funny, I just bought a kit for this few days ago from the bay. $30 for LED with 10 globes for cluster and 3 for the LCD's. Local sellers as well and different colours. I did this because as although the small cluster ones are easy to come by, Holden charged a plenty for the LCD ones. I coulnt be bothered finding the part type and will just get it in the kit. When it arrives I will put up a pic and part numbers.

Reactions: Lex

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Sorry mate they just arrived and I didnt realise how small they are. No part number but the blue is the dash cluster and the black is the lcd one.
IMG_20231012_201433498.jpg

Reactions: Lex