Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Door Strip

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
Hello on some or mostly all vx commodores, equips, lumina's etc there is a sometimes black or same colour as the car strip along the doors, and seen as how i plan to make a vx ss look alike from one of the above mentioned vehicles i would like to remove this so is it possible.

Thanks.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw

Its not really the same. The glue used on the side strips is much harder to remove.

First, remove the strip itself, the easiest way to do is to run a length of fishing line between the strip and the door (It is on a VR/VS neway). Now you will be left with the glue, the easiest way to remove this glue is with a caramel wheel. A caramel wheel or eraser wheel as they are also called are used in a drill to remove glue or sticky residue left from badges / stickers etc. They are made of a rubber compound and look like this:

caramelwheel.jpg

Caramel Wheels can be hard to find. Your best chance of finding one is at a bodywork supply store, you could also go to an automotive spray painter / panel beater and ask if you can buy one because most automotive shops like repco or autobarn wont stock them. When using the caramel wheel be extremely carefully not to hold it in one spot for to long because you will burn the paint.

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
Thanks guys i just realised i put this in the wrong thread i thought i was in the vt vx general chat when i started the thread. My bad sorry.

Thankyou very much this community is so helpful.