Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Ecotec Exhaust

Kee07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Hey All, I just bought a VX Series 2 S Pack and the bloke i got it off said its got a 2.25 inch catback with a hotdog and straight piped at the back its fairly loud but sounds alright at cruising speed and low rpm doesn't drone to much but up top it doesn't sound that great. Im debating on getting a 2.5 xforce cat back and Pacemaker extractors with the standard cats or keeping the cat back thats on it and putting the pacemakers on it and getting a muffler for the rear.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
2 1/4"? Sounds like the stock system that's been chopped up as the factory system is 2 1/4".

For what it's going to cost to add a muffler, it's almost as cheap to buy a cat back. You can get them for around $180 these days off Ebay for a DEA. You talk about X Force (budget system) then say you want Pacemaker extractors which are top end. Before you throw money at it, what is it that you want to achieve?

Kee07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Yeah that's what I was thinking I haven't had a proper look underneath to see what's actually been done but it seems to be the case, Are DEA any good $180 is pretty cheap for a catback thats why im looking at Xforce because they're a known brand and quality for the pacemakers i might aswell get them put on if im going to get a decent catback I just want something that sounds nice but isn't ridiculously loud its my daily driver not going to do much to it besides the exhaust and maybe a Mace Tuned PCM

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
x-force + pacemaker seems like the monroe + kings of exhaust combos.

known brand =/= any good.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
X Force are a known brand, doesn't make them good. All a matter of opinion though. In my personal experience, if there was ever going to be a bad fitting system or a crappy sound, it would almost always be an X Force.

DEA are a budget brand, they sound OK. You can pay $600 for just a cat back but honestly, it's a V6, the best you can hope for is a deep note without drone. As far as extractors go, pretty much anything except Tiger, I have had nothing but problems when selling or fitting those, they never fit, but they are cheap.

Kee07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Im going to take your advice and listen to your opinion since you know what your on about mate so if I got Pacemakers in your opinion what brand catback would you recommend for what I want and is it worth getting high flow cats or is it a waste of money

Kee07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Okay im going to look into it more once I've got the coin do so im going to get a exhaust joint to install it all hopefully it doesn't cost that much since ill be supplying the stuff. Is there much of a sound difference between the DEA and Dandy

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Depends on the sound you want. Both mufflers will be deeper and smoother. Muffler and hotdog will be a bit louder and not as deep. May drone too. Extractors will almost eliminate the drone but they will also make it louder again.