Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Engine Mounts

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Well we got the mounts done on mine (98 VT Exec, at the time 410,000km). One was shreaded completely and the other badly worn. Mechanic just did it with the normal service, About $150 for the mounts and not sure what labour was cause it was just with the normal service, but wouldn't be more than $100. So anything more than about $250 rip off in my books.

$500 is just nuts.
It is semi-urgent, cause the engine was bouncing around in the bay lol. Basically you'd rev the engine would lift and crash back down. Depends on the degree of damage.

I would put it top of you list of things to fix, but it's not something you HAVE to do tomorrow, just take it easy with the car.

psamers

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx wagon
Hi Guys,

Just replaced the mounts on my son's VX yesterday. What a fiddle. Used the solid rubber replacements on the grounds they would last longer (and they're cheaper!). The drivers side one is not too bad (although the nut at the back is a quarter of a flat at a time) but the left one needs the aircon off, and the mounting block removed from the engine. The good news is that makes it easy to line up the bolts when you refit. If someone will do it for $150 labour,let 'em.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
The mechanic is probably right saying that they are worn (if they haven't been replaced before). I have done so many VT/VX V6 engine mounts at work that its getting easier. Just make sure the sump isn't hitting the K frame and that the pins that go through the engine mounts are not touching the k frame either. Also don't get them genuine. We always buy replacements from Repco.

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
10 years old they're shot for sure.$500 is too much but contrary to general opinion i suggest giving some thought to still using hydraulic mounts (holden used them for a reason )though they are not likely to last as long as aftermarket solid mounts.my vt has done over 350,000 ks and has had the mounts replaced twice.some mechanics say that the a/c needs to be removed as part of the job but mine hasn't been removed either time (maybe just lucky,i would'nt know for sure )

kiwiboynz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II 2002
how much will cost just for the labour??? thanks all for help:beer chug: