Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Equipe S2 - Stalling & Idling Strange

Thalantyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe S2
Hi there, not a big poster here, so bear with me.

About a week ago, I was doing about 40 km/h just outside Melbourne CBD and the car felt a bit strange. There wasn't enough go when I was accelerating and it felt very jumpy, but not the kind of jumpy you feel with no fuel left.

5 minutes after that, I was doing the same speed down a small hill and started to brake. The engine died and obviously the brakes lost all compression/boost so I had to think fast and pull up the handbrake about 1m from a van in front of us.

I turned the keys back (didn't look to see if I lose electrics), and checked the engine, played with the spark-leads, got back in and drove off, pulled over and checked it over again. I'm no car expert, but couldn't see anything wrong.

The last week has been fine until last night when the issue started happening again. It's very etchy at low revs, doing maybe 20 km/h - 50 km/h.

My fiancee drives the car each day after me to work, and i'm worried that the engine will die on her and she won't react in time. I've booked the car into a place where a friend works that used to be a Holden mechanic.

I know this could probably be a wide range of things, but does anyone have any ideas what would be the troubleshooting to figure out what's wrong?

For the record:

- It's not low on fuel, has a full tank
- Never drops low enough to cause any dirt in the fuel lines
- Has never been filled with the wrong fuel
- It's Holden Official serviced every 10,000 km
- The engine temperate was a bit below halfway when this happened

That's about all I can think of to start it off.

Any ideas?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
check the error codes man.

Thalantyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe S2
Where do I check the error codes?

trelos05

Reaction score
Mate odds on blocked fuel filter, mine was doing the same thing chaged it yesterday 5 minute job different car. Now goes like a Zirtec !!!