Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Eurovox AUX input

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
Hey guys

I recently modded my Blaupunkt six stacker in my VY with an aux input, works really well and wasn't too hard to do. Here's a quick snap of the end result.
L6YXQl.jpg

Now my father is interested in this same mod, but for his VX. I've done some searching, seems like most people just point those looking for the same thing to asr-audio. I would much rather learn a few things while saving a few bucks and do it myself if it's possible. Is there any guide or diagram which somebody could show me what needs to be soldered where?

Thanks

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
You have to solder the circuit board on the factory headunit. I'll find a guide and post it here one sec.

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you mean there's a separate circuit board that has to be soldered to the factory head unit or that wires have to be soldered to the circuit board of the factory head unit? I don't really care if it's a pain in the ass job, it cost me a lot less than $175 to do it myself in the VY.

I was just wondering if there was a guide and if it was possible.

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
Do you mean there's a separate circuit board that has to be soldered to the factory head unit or that wires have to be soldered to the circuit board of the factory head unit? I don't really care if it's a pain in the ass job, it cost me a lot less than $175 to do it myself in the VY.

I was just wondering if there was a guide and if it was possible.

Couldn't find a guide. Yea you have to solder wires on the factory circuit board. There use to be a guide in the how to section but I think they took it down just like the led light dash conversion guide :(

Sorry I can't help any further. Good luck finding one.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
@ op

Hey mate how does the aux input in your car sound? Is it the one that plays over a blank disc?? What is the sound qualtiy like? I'm thinking of doing this to mine,

I'm currently using an fm transmitter with my iphone and it statics heaps which sounds crap,

What iPod or music player do you normally use mate?

Thanks

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
It works really well mate! And yea it's the one that plays over a blank disc, some report that it's fine with any disc, but I've found that if you have any silence in your tracks or quiet parts you will faintly hear the CD playing, but that's if it's turned up pretty loud as well. So I just decided to burn a blank track and haven't had any issues what so ever.

Sound quality is only as good as your player really. Also I'm normally using an iPhone, and it fits well with a bumper in the small middle compartment in front of the glove box too :p. I can charge the at the same time as playing music and there's no interferance either, I've found that sometimes with FM transmitters I got interference.

FM transmitters are pretty piss poor, especially these days now that they are more highly regulated. My Dad has an old one which works pretty well, but you can't get them like that anymore.

Good luck and hope the mod goes well!