Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Exc stops on right turn.

VTSS

RavenMad
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Okay heres a strang one, I changed a dead fule pump in a vx (just the pump) it runs ok, but on a normal right turn the car shuts off, I have no idea why, left turn is fine, I cant set the navman to plan a route with only left turns lol, if I do say about 5kh right turn I sometimes can make the turn, but old lady pass me on the footpath, so any idea's? mabye a wire, the canister the pump sit's in?
thanks to anyone who can help with this issue or some ideas.

Cheers

aussiepride23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vic
you should have replaced your sender unit as well as the pump could be a somting to do with that

CV6Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Commodore
i have this exact same problem aswell. and it has happend ever since i replaced the fuel pump also...right turn on low fuel and the car will stall...vt v6 auto.. its as though the fuel pick up isnt at the bottom of the tank so on low fuel it cant pick up enough fuel so it stalls? ive pulled the pump assembly out twice to check it was sitting at the bottom but still it plays up......

very interested to see what the problem is..

VTSS

RavenMad
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Pulled out pump replaced and this time it clicked into place now no problem.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
So, incorrect fitting? or something else?

VTSS

RavenMad
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Seem to be incorrect fitting, as did nothing else different, just popped in better & now works fine. thought it might of been a doggy pump as friends VX he got a doggy reco one and it was doing the same thing, so he changed it and it worked fine as well.