Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Exhaust Upgrade

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
I Got a 2.5 redback Cat Back last week second hand, Its front muffler/rear resonator, Has a Very deep sound when low in revs, witch was what i wanted, and just a nice sound up higher, but you still hear the engine more up at 5000rpm.
I Found the throttle response better to.
And it does not drone like the mrs VR that has a 2.5 Cat back front muffler/no rear resonator.

ya didnt get if from the gold cost did ya?

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Im going to hijack this a bit. I have a VX v6 and its got a 2 1/2" Redback cat back exhaust with no middle muffler but a muffler at the rear. Is that one at the rear a resi, or is the middle the resi. I just want to find something to put in the middle, like a high flow muffler, or something that will dull the note a bit. Coz mine is ****ing loud and a few months back i realised i dont want people looking at me when i drive past them, saying "WTF, why do people do that to their cars?" lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i did get it from the gold coast. Are you the bloke i got it from with a Super charged VT and sold on the exhaust on ebay?

lol, i am indeed, small world. i thought the car and exhaust looked too familiar. ya happy with the exhaust????

and sorry for jumping into ya thread- who ever started it.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
lol, i am indeed, small world. i thought the car and exhaust looked too familiar. ya happy with the exhaust????

HAHA yeah it is a Small world. Yeah im thrilled about the exhaust, has a very nice note to it, Best $$ i spent on the car so far lol. Throttle response has improved witch is a bonus ! :yahoo:
I had been wanting to do the exhaust for a long time but did not have the cash for a new one.

Reaction score
Members Ride
sweet, glad ya happy. i thought it sounded wicked too, nice note but not too loud either so no unwanted attention. as for the price - bloody bargin :spot on:

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
Im going to hijack this a bit. I have a VX v6 and its got a 2 1/2" Redback cat back exhaust with no middle muffler but a muffler at the rear. Is that one at the rear a resi, or is the middle the resi. I just want to find something to put in the middle, like a high flow muffler, or something that will dull the note a bit. Coz mine is ****ing loud and a few months back i realised i dont want people looking at me when i drive past them, saying "WTF, why do people do that to their cars?" lol

the one at the rear is your resi.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
On sports systems, they are both straight through. The only reason for the shape is to fit the car. But people tend to call round mufflers resonators and oval ones mufflers.

hsv_timo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
My Redback cost me $210 from mega parts at cardiff