Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx foggies instalation

vncommo93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive
Hey all,
Just wondering whats the best/cheapest way to hook my foggies up in my car. Is it hard to do youself? i have a vt exec with an ss dash.
Cheers

vncommo93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive
i just got the vx ss dash off an ss and put it in, and got the front bar +foggies off the ss aswell so dont think il have the wiring from the bar to dash? aha

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
the wiring for the foggies should all be there....... first of all look where the foggies go on either side u should see the plugs taped up on the loom in almost the right spots.... 2nd where the light switch have a look behind there should be a couple there taped up and covered in foam... one of these... think its the cream coloured one is the foggies.. theres a blue one there as well but dunno what that was for.....

vncommo93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive
your talking about the plugs are covered in foam? but do vt executives have the plug? cos they dont come stock with foggies

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
ooo not to sure about the vt.... but my girlies vx lumina which didnt come out with foglights had all the plugs i just mentioned all ready in the looms ready

either way its easy to check... --- the one behind the light switch is easy to reach.. just undo the flap for the fuses under the steering wheel and put ur hand up behind the light switch and feel around.. pretty sure there was only a blue one and a cream coloured one...

or stick ur head up to the foglights postion... our ones hada like a silver clip thing on them and they were clipped almost where they had to be.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
I think I have a pretty strange situation, I have a 2001 VX Exec, it's an ex police car which I'm thinking might be the reason for my problem.

I want to put fog lights in, I have the switch in the dash already, which is already plugged in, and the switch works i see the fog light light come up on the dash when it's pushed in, I can see the spot for the relay in the engine bay, I can see the wiring there and everything. But there's no wiring that runs to the front of the car, or at least I can't find it. Every post i've read, it's meant to be just tucked behind the front bar, right? My mate found his easy and installed his, but he couldn't find mine, so we assume that it's just not there.

I was really hoping to use the factory wiring as, one that would be that much easier, and I still want to have the light come up on the dash etc, and two I've been trying to keep wiring as factory as possible. Is it possible to just get the last section of that loom and just plug it in? Or will I have to run my own wiring?

Cheers

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
keep looking. holden woodnt put half the wiring there. its there altogether or not at all