Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx, Front Left Hand Panel replacement and Plastic Body fading

StanVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
Today i started working on taking the wheel off so that i can try to bang into the front lhs panel.
But i am having trouble undoing the screws inside the guard which are holding the plastic inner guard on.
They seem to be really worn out and not unscrewing some turn although idon't actually undo and the screw head just gets worse and worse from the screwdriver
PLEASE HELP!!!

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Today i started working on taking the wheel off so that i can try to bang into the front lhs panel.
But i am having trouble undoing the screws inside the guard which are holding the plastic inner guard on.
They seem to be really worn out and not unscrewing some turn although idon't actually undo and the screw head just gets worse and worse from the screwdriver
PLEASE HELP!!!

Use a flathead to apply pressure outwards as you unscrew them and this will help them unscrew. If the heads are rounded out all you and do is make a new flathead slot using a hacksaw and use a big flathead. You might need to buy some new screws..

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Grab the head of the "screw" with a pair of pliers and pull. You will pull the screw out with the plastic plug that comes with it. You can re-use them when you re-assemble the car. Take the screw out of the plug, squeeze the four little tongues together and carefully insert the plug into its hole. Make sure all four tongues go through, then push the screw in all the way.

HVXII

AWI11
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Acclaim storm grey
also on your skirts you can use tyre shine brings them up nice & black that what i do to mine :D

Cohan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
Same problem in my side panel. Fml.