Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx gearbox into s1 vs

Mr.38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT MANTA
Hey guys my mate has an auto box out of a vx that he doesn't need and mine is slipping and getting old. Was wondering what modifications ill have to do to make it fit. The box came out of a wrecked vs berlina. But i was wondering if i needed the trans computer or starter motor or what not. Cheers

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
Hey guys my mate has an auto box out of a vx that he doesn't need and mine is slipping and getting old. Was wondering what modifications ill have to do to make it fit. The box came out of a wrecked vs berlina. But i was wondering if i needed the trans computer or starter motor or what not. Cheers

Confusion?!

Mr.38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT MANTA
The person who had owned the Berlina before he purchased it, had put the vx box into the car. Apparently it was done by a proper shop or something. But as the car is written off we can't check to see whether the gearbox functions properly. So before i go through all the hastle of removing my box and his box and what not i thought i'd ask here first.