Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Gen III Leaks, Leaks & More Leaks

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Re your steering fluid leak, in my case I found that the leak was fixed by tightening the hose clamps at the reservoir. Since you've replace the hoses and (presumably) tightened the clamps, that should fix your leak problem.

Not sure about your coolant leak. Most water pumps have a vent hole on the bottom which leaks fluid once the internal seals of the pump are worn, allowing coolant to enter the pump bearing area. In this case the pump needs to be replaced. Otherwise, did you use a new water pump gasket?

MrSirWantalot

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV GT-P Boss 335 & 2000 VX Berlina 5.7lt (toy)
Have the same bloody leaks here too mate. seems holden got lazy with fixing stuff.
If you do find the coolant leak problem keep us posted as i still carnt find my leak :( been searching for weeks to no end

Mate, I couldnt find my leak either till I had it pressure tested....turned out to be where the top radiator hose goes on....well it was cracked just underneath of the plastic snout that inserts into the hose (mental block) & would only leak under high pressure. Was annoying the **** out of me for a week. I had right tank replaced & was all good. This may help!!

Stargater

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Calais V Series II 6.0
Problems Fixed!

Just an update on my leaks.

My coolant leak tuned out to be the water pump. The coolant must have been leaking from the shaft seal and running under the pump. Couldn't see it because the pulley is so big. Picked up a new pump off eBay from Smithfield for $129.00. No problems with the installation, however I did replace the pump bolts with new high tensile M8 x 80mm versions. A long time ago I snapped off a bolt in the engine block on my VK. Was a pain in the arse to remove and fix.

Replacing the power steering hoses seems to have fixed the fluid leak in that area.

Replacing the front main oil seal seems to have stopped the oil leak at the front of the engine.

WOO-HOO!!!