Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx hsv dash cluster

Derek j

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx acclaim wagon
I'm going to buy a vx hsv dash cluster I have two questions first being how do I know that it's genuine hsv and I'm not sure but do I need my computer to be calibrated for it to work properly,the photos attached are from one I'm looking at

Attachments

• IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 213

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
you will need the cluster calibrated to suit your car ( airbags, fuel tank ) this can be done with a tech2 incar

Derek j

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx acclaim wagon
you will need the cluster calibrated to suit your car ( airbags, fuel tank ) this can be done with a tech2 incar
Will the speedo be accurate or would the computer just think it has a normal cluster in there

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
speedo should be accurate ( unless its been modified ) as it takes its readings from the computer.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
speedo should be accurate ( unless its been modified ) as it takes its readings from the computer.

is this true even though the HSV dash is the 250? (genuine question) Also is that a series 1 dash? I have a series 2 and it's a fair bit different.

This is mine (auto series 2, base Clubsport not an R8 or anything fancy like that).

psbXjBO.jpg

Last edited:

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
The instrument cluster is programmed independently to the the other modules, basically the PCM in every car puts out a certain number of electronic pulses per tailshaft revolution and the cluster module counts them.
It can then be programmed as to how many pulses per second equals what road speed, how many pulses per k/m etc etc.