Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx intermittent

kyriacandro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
hey guys when my partners berlina gets to about 60 ks or going up a hill it is very intermittent like its missing so I changed the plugs the leads even the coil pack and its still doing it any one got any other ideas would be much appreciated :)

I thought maybe clean the throttle body???????? but not sure

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You say you changed the coil pack, do you mean just one, or three if it's a V6 or eight if it's a V8?

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Dirty Fuel, failing pump.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
We have the same and am now looking for someone who sells a quality fuel pump assembly.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
How long has it been since the fuel filter was changed? I'd be changing that to see if it solves the problem before looking at a new fuel pump.

D

devilly

i'm starting to find more and more with the cars getting older that the connectors need changing out,could just be a fault connector to the coil pak.

kyriacandro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I changed the whole coil pack with the leads and the plugs and have done the fuel filter so looking like fuel pump :( more money and work lol

D

devilly

need more information to help you out,just missing when power is needed could be anything,from fuel/pressure or blocked injectors, spark/electrical,vacuum/compression leak even and alternator arching out e.t.c.does engine light come on ?have you checked for fault codes.

is it any different with a full tank of fuel or putting injector cleaner in it ?

can you hear any hissing from the engine when it's parked and on idles?

kyriacandro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Think it's the fuel pump for sure as my missus just told me the car has been saying its low on petrol when she has just put some in it lol guess ill be dropping the tank this week thanks for all the advice guys ill let you know how it goes

kyriacandro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
ok so I dropped the fuel tank changed the pump pretty easy job actually :) but still think the problem is there next thing to do is try what devilly said and put some injector cleaner in it see how that goes
ive done the fuel filter and pump leads and plugs and coil pack lol

any one have any suggestions on the best injector cleaner for these cars ???

Last edited: