Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Projector headlight opinions

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Hahaha,

Anyway, they arrived yesterday and I was hoping to fit them tonight, but yay thunderstorm :D

They look like they're gonna be excellently bright :D

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Pft thunderstorm. Weak. I did mine in the dark in the driveway with a tiny little LED torch to help me.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Oh, I honestly don't mind the rain at all, but it just didn't seem sensible to fit electrical components while it's raining :p
Anyhoo, did them this arvo when I got home, I think they look good and kind of like they're a stock item!

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking good. Hope your alignment is better then mine. Mine are way off. Still good but badly need alignment and the alignment screws aren't easy to get to.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
yeh, nice. They're on my shopping list.

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Looking good man, definitely a worthwhile upgrade :D

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Wraith, the alignment screws on mine are not really in an ideal position, but I have a very small stubby screwdriver that lets me get at all of them without actually all that much trouble.

At the moment I have them aligned a little bit too low so I'll fix them up tomorrow night when I have time. The lateral adjustment is fine though after a little tweaking. I was keeping in mind what you said about avoiding directing the beam towards the black on the inside :).

At first glance I think they're a definite improvement over the stock ones, but how much of that has to do with the projectors and how much is to do with the clouded lenses on the old ones remains to be seen. There's a particular road I drive on regularly which will be a good test as I'll know straight away if they're better.

I'm interested to see if it's possible to upgrade the globes too, like if Phillips do a +60 or +100 globe that'll suit them, I think that'll be awesome if they do :)

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
They are H1 so yep. I have 2 sets of the Phillips Xtreme Vision +100's to go in when I send the wagon off to get the headlights adjusted.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Yeah, I did some Googling and Ebaying and they're about $40/pair, so once I see how these ones are I might look into upgrading!

VX Exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
The bulbs that came with the set are absolutely useless, tossed em after a day. From experience i'd suggest Philips Blue/Crystal/DiamondVision (Depending on what you want to spend) for the low's and +100 for the high. Not entirely sure why but, the +100's burnt my wiring to a crisp...