Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX R8 Clubsport

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
nah it has 3.7's, but i would like to put a set of 3.9's in as driving in cruise for charity was too much clutch work for my liking ! also cruising at 100-110 its still under 2000 rpm

yea thats what i was thinking hey

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
3.9's would be more clutch work :p 3.46 is probably what you want. 1st gets 80 odd k's haha

sway bar links are cheap anyway.. might aswell replace them and see

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
cameron you mad bugger 3.9's will make it less work as the gear will be alot shorter which is what i want ! lol plus a bit more snappyness through the gears wont hurt

thanks mate yours looks freaking awsome for the amount of km's on it ! nearly puts mine to shame haha but yours is a series 2 .. mines a series 1 ... but still thats cool haha

ive come to a semi conslusion that ill keep the R8 and next year ill buy myself a VY-VZ one tonner for the every day jobs, 2 more months and im a qualified plant mechanic, shall be leaving the bullshit of local government and hello mines ! when i get the one tonner the R8 will be taken off the road and put under covers to see rarely see day light, im not keeping it in the hope it'll be worth more, im keeping it as its the first HSV i have owned and the one ive always admired !

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
cameron you mad bugger 3.9's will make it less work as the gear will be alot shorter which is what i want ! lol plus a bit more snappyness through the gears wont hurt

im keeping it as its the first HSV i have owned and the one ive always admired !

shorter gears = changing gears more often and quicker?!?!

and thats the spirit man!!! :)

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
shorter gears = changing gears more often and quicker?!?!

but taking off is alot easier and requires less clutch work, trust me doing cruise for charity you dont really need 2nd gear lol