Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx s pack exhaust ???

coopsvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pack
hey guys iv got a genie 2.5" cat back exhaust with a 3 inch stainless tip, but the drone when cruising is giving me the shits, would pacemaker extractors and a 2.5" with straight through mufflers and a 2.5"stainless tip sound better ? or will i still get the terrible drone ? im looking for a nice loud note under hard acceleration but a nice quiet drive when just cruising would the above combo give me that ? and also are high flow cats worth the money or should i just stick with the stock one?

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
you will still get the drone, even after spending all that money, its a v6

on my old commy i had pacemaker extractors, 2.5" with hi flow cats, sounded nice but still had drone.

the v6 fan boys will be here soon to tell you it will sound fully sick tho :p

coopsvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pack
yea my brother had a vt s pack with pacemakers and just normal cat and 2.5" with straight through rear mufflers and it had no where near the same amount of drone and was heaps louder, could it just be because of the 3" tip that i get an incredible amount of drone ?

CJ_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
mmm sounds like you need to get a supercharger and leather interior, or next option just burn the hunk of ****

coopsvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pack
hhaha chris says you who has had his car in the mechanic for what nearly 2 weeks now ? haha :p

kyalkk

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac
mine is alright and no drone, the note in my signature

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Fitting extractors will reduce the drone and make it a bit louder.

I can do a set of Wildcat extractors that are straight bolt on, no welding required like Pacemakers for $365 if you want to pick them up from Bentley, of I can have them delivered to your door for $15.