Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX S-Pack

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
A couple of quick snaps of the car this afternoon.
Looks good mate..slightly lower than FE2 ( looks like it has lows like mine) .thought it would have been a tad lower with the super lows cos on mine those springs had the top of the tyre level with the top of the guards wheel arches..
Maybe short shocks and struts would bring it down another 10mm or so..not sure if they effect the height?
Seen some vx's with SSL and they look like Ultralows and some with Superlows that look like SSL..so who knows, every car is different..
Noise gone now after the alignment?.

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Yeah it sits 'low' but wouldnt say 'superlow'

However it provides a definite improvement in looks. And it still legal.

I think maybe cause yours was a v8 and heavier that is why they say lower on yours?

Wheel alignment reduced the sound but its still there so back to the mechanics in the morning and they can sort it out. Paid the money for a job so expect it done properly, especially with the suspension. Safety is paramount when the wife is driving it.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Yes still looks nice and safety is top of the list.
Surprising the alloy V8 weights just 4KG more than the V6 (as below extract), but probably heavier trans,diff and a few minor other mechanicals might add a bit more. Believe the total weight of the V8 is about 70KG more than the 6 (like having an extra average sized person sitting in the car)
"Thanks to its alloy construction, the new V8 weighs only four kilograms more than the 3.8 litre cast iron V6 and this allows both versions to use the same suspension calibration and wheel and tyre set-up."

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Those pictures make it look a bit higher than what it is. Looks lower when looking at it in real life.

But those 70kgs could probably make the cm or so difference.

Crazy that the alloy v8 is only 4kgs heavier!!

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
So after a year of not being able to drive - I GOT MY LICENSE BACK this morning. What a great feeling it is to be back behind the wheel!

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
So after a year of not being able to drive - I GOT MY LICENSE BACK this morning. What a great feeling it is to be back behind the wheel!

Congrats m8..free as a bird..Bet your car felt like it has a lot of power on that first drive after not driving for a year.. Good on ya...

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Thanks Kanga, it sure did - loved it. Never taking my license for granted now that I know what it is like without it.

Think the wife was happier than I was now that she doesn't have to drive me all the time

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Thanks Kanga, it sure did - loved it. Never taking my license for granted now that I know what it is like without it.

Think the wife was happier than I was now that she doesn't have to drive me all the time

Haha...hopefully she wont have to drive you around any more until your 90 or something!!