Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX S2 king springs

pancakes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Equipe S2
Hi Guys, sorry for the noob post, but i have been searching and i couldn't find the answer i wanted.

I have a 2002 vx series 2 equipe sedan, and i was wanting just a little more low and just that bit firmer ride. at the moment i have all the stock suspension (the car has just ticked over 60,000) and i want to put in King Low springs and maybe monroe shocks. i would like to know what people's thoughts are on the ride quality or these, i know it will make it firmer but just how firm? i dont want a bone crunching ride, and i am not a v6 supercar driver, just want to get rid of some body roll in the corners. do you think these will be ok for the job or will i be unhappy with the harshness?

thanks for your time in advance

pancakes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Equipe S2
Anyone have any information on this?

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Hi mate,

Your best bet would be one of our KYB / King package combos:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/gsl-rallysport/84366-kyb-kings-commodore-lowering-packages.html

The KYB are the equivalent to something like a Monroe GT Sport, and are well matched with the Kings in terms of both ride quality and performance. I personally rate KYB better than Monroe (we stock both, but seriously, KYB are made in Japan, it's kind of hard to go wrong) but some brand loyalists prefer the Tenecco owned Monroe.

Any questions feel free to give us a bell on 1300 884 836.

Regards,
Greg