Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx security system upgrade

Kuka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Past: VN Exec Wagon/Present: VX S2 Exec Sedan
Hi all,

I am thinking of upgrading my factory alarm system with an upgrade after market one e.g rhino, viper etc. Are they really that much better then the factory alarm system? If so could anyone suggest brands that they know are good. I always deadlock my car but i wanted to "beef" up the car security system as my other pride and joy got stolen :(

Thanks in advance

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Hey I was thinking the same thing a while ago for my vx calais and after lots of research I decided the best option was a Mongoose M80. Viper I think are mostly flashy and not that secure, other brands like Rhino and Black Widow are supposed to be good, some other brands again are too expensive. One of the most important things to consider is the install though, you need someone who will take the time to install it properly and hide things away as even with an aftermarket system if it is installed without any proper thought, it's not really that secure.

Kuka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Past: VN Exec Wagon/Present: VX S2 Exec Sedan
Oh yeah i'll have to look into the mongoose systems then. Did you end up getting the M80 installed in your car? Also do you know much about the fancy systems with gps tracking and if there worth the extra money? Yeah true a pro is deff required to install it and make the wires blend in with existing wires.