Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SII S Acceleration problem.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Hey all,

I find myself on here every now and again to find out about a problem my brother is having with his VX.

The car in question is a VX Series 2 S pac with the supercharged V6, stock as a rock.

The problem is a hessitation in acceleration, you put your foot right down and it doesn't react for a good second sometimes three, then when it finally does react and kicks down a gear the acceleration from there is nowhere near smooth. It jerks around... you can actually feel the car lurch forward with power then back off for a fraction of a second, lurch forward for a little longer then back off again, sometimes it lurches back and forth every second.
It drives fine when cruising and slowly accelerating but as soon as you hammer it it dies in the ass.
I just replaced the fuel filter, air filter, oil change and fuel injectors and no change in any way.
Checked the plugs and leads; all good. Reset the computer too during the injector change and that made no difference.
I have noticed it's been a lot worse over the past 2 days (Melbourne has been 30 degree's +) however 3 days ago it was cold and wet and the problem was still there but nowhere near as bad.
The car does do a lot of short trips, in fact the car does mostly short trips, lucky to see a freeway every 3 months.
He only runs it on 91 octane (I know! I have a WRX and I run it only on 98).

Need all the help I can get.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
lol im of no help but i love your sig

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Haha thanks :D

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
My supercharged VX did the same thing once it warmed up. It's the leads. No use checking them just replace them with brand new GMH once, fixed the problem right up, the supercharged engines are very fussy when it comes to spark and delivery, the plugs and leads have to be perfect.

VT Berlina 07

15.37 @ 147 KPH
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 EF2 Futura I6 Auto
My supercharged VX did the same thing once it warmed up. It's the leads. No use checking them just replace them with brand new GMH once, fixed the problem right up, the supercharged engines are very fussy when it comes to spark and delivery, the plugs and leads have to be perfect.

thats any petrol car, the leads give up under load, which in this case is 100% throttle. most cases you can notice the leads starting to die when going up a hill. when you just add alittle throttle to maintain speed the car jerks, thats the leads.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Leads are next then.

Like you said VT Berlina 07 it does happen often up hills.

I'll replace them and give an update :D

Thanks guys.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Changed the leads with GMH ones and it is perfect now, just as good as when it was first bought.
Thanks fellas, I really appreciate your help.

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
Told ya it was the leads. Glad it fixed it up.

kaishiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac Manual.
Ohhhh sweet... i always thought it was that... same deal with my car but i am not s/c.... so how much does that cost and is a diy job... i know jack or crap about cars....