Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS boot spoiler seals have moved position - see pics.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I have had the VX SS from new, gave it a wash today and when drying it off noticed the seals under the spoiler where it bolts to the boot lid have sort of slipped out of position, no water in the boot but when I lifted the boot lid after drying it I noticed water run out of the back boot panel where the rear garnish bolts on, so not sure if the water got in there from the gap between the boot panel and the garnish or under the legs of the spoiler.

I do have a brand new set of genuine seals I bought many years ago along with a few other bits and pieces but was trying to keep them for the future, not sure whether to unbolt the spoiler and see if I can reposition the seals or reluctantly open my new packet I put away for
the future spare parts shortage. As I said no water in the boot.

Also never having removed the spoiler is it a two man job don't want to drop the bugger and scratch the boot, ie how heavy are they?

Attachments

• IMG_7458.JPG
    IMG_7458.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_7459.JPG
    IMG_7459.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 231

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You should be able to loosen the bolts on the spoiler, reposition the seals, and then retighten the bolts. If the seals slip again, or if they are damaged then you will need to remove/replace the spoiler. The spoilers are quite light, but it would be worthwhile using two people to avoid the risk of scratching the boot paintwork.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
You might find just re-positioning the gasket won't be possible.
When replacing our spoiler underneath the gaskets were dry and well stuck to the boot surface and needed removing with a Caramel wheel and then new gaskets.