Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS covert to manual or sell for manual

kjc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SSII
hey guys I have a 2001 vx ss 5.7 4speed auto need some advice. being the car is auto im already bored and ive had the car six months. is it worth doing auto to manual conversion or should just cut my loss and sell it.any advice will be greatly appreciated
cheerz

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Had it tuned? Try that if you haven't already! May make it a but more fun to drive if the stiffen up the autos shifts abit

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
Maybe a shift kit to go with the tune, intake, exhaust and change rear diff gears to a manual one (3.46:1).
A lot of effort an money to convert...

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
V8's are currently muuuuch easier to buy than sell at the moment, take that into consideration when deciding.

Honestly though, it will depend on the condition of the car you have now and how much of a hit you can take on selling it.

_senator_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hsv Vy senator s2 & Vt s2 5.7 calais
It's well worth the effort in changing her over to manual but you needto be commited as its not for the faint hearted, example complete conversion say $1500-$2000
clutch is $1200-1600 depending on what u opt for now while your there u may aswell fit rip shift $400-600 now it will still run like a dog and you will find like i did your speedo doesnt work and every possible warning up but it will run.

Now at 100 k's you will be doing like 900rpm lol so 3.08 diff needs to go so may aswell go 3.9 4.11 thats 1200 installed roughly otr tune another 1200 worth while getting tune as they will sought your comnputer out as it will only run on original one as new computer wont be linked to cars bcm so it will be constantly looking for the auto box and speedo correct.

all good enjoy providing you have an exhaust already its happy days untill the cam lol

if you sell and buy manual easier for sure i did this due to vy senator's being harder to come by in m6 and i was impatient

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
4500+ stall converter = guaranteed to put a smile on your face, every time you mash it

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
If you must have a manual then sell it. you'll save money, time and a huge amount of reliability headaches. Else, I am sure a 225kw auto has ample performance?

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
I know what you mean about autos, though manuals can be a bit of a pain in stop start traffic etc, take the hit and get a factory version and side step the pain.