Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx ss ls1-abs & traction control lights stay on & traction control switch not work-

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
I had a similar issue in my 01 vx ss, the traction control was turning itself off when I would thrash the car above 3500 rpm then I couldnt turn it back on so I took it to my local holden dealer who said the abs module was buggered so they sourced and fitted a new one and the problem was still there as before, turns out the issue was being caused by an aftermarket bigger throttle body as soon as I put the std one back on the problem disappeared
Old thread, but maybe someone (like me) will need this. In another thread the problem was traced to an intermittent throttle position sensor. In that car's case the TRAC OFF light came on when decelerating. Maybe the TPS on your big throttle body was kaput?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Old thread, but maybe someone (like me) will need this. In another thread the problem was traced to an intermittent throttle position sensor. In that car's case the TRAC OFF light came on when decelerating. Maybe the TPS on your big throttle body was kaput?
Hey mate nah the tps was the same one I swapped it and the iac valve over between the 2 throttle body’s, the issue was tune related the tuner who ended up doing a tune on that car said if I were to run the bigger throttle body he’d have to spend more time on the tune

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Thanks for the reply. Good to see you got it sorted.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Very old thread etc but I have had this problem for a while and now it's FIXED. Light was intermittently coming on, and switch off/on usually fixed it.

Just before Christmas (2022!) it came on solid as I was driving. It wouldn't go off despite whatever I did. I ran a scan over the modules, but it wouldn't talk to the ABS/Trac module at all. Nor would it communicate with the dash. According to Injectronics, the ABS module will fault and hang up the canbus that goes to the ABS, the Climate control (if fitted), and the dash. I disconnected the ABS and comms was restored to the dash. Great!

Still doesn't help the TRAC OFF fault though. I was playing with the scan tool and "talking " to the dash and making various functions work and I ran a brake light test. They wouldn't come on... So I pressed the brake pedal. Just the LED in the spoiler came on. "Dont tell me I've screwed up the brake lights!" I thought... So I pulled out a bulb. Yep. Blown... Couldn't be BOTH brake lights blown? Checked the other - looked ok, so I tested it with a spare battery. It worked -sometimes... The contact solder was corroded. So, new bulb for the blown one, and a cleanup of the other. Both brake lights OK.

And the TRAC OFF light is now working perfectly...

Reactions: Lex