Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Oil Leak.

jamesjgts25t

Reaction score
Members Ride
180sx
I rang Holden the other day and got a quote for water pump gaskets which I found very reasonable (<$7 each) so thought I would try my luck with the rocker cover gaskets and was told "$97 EACH" :O :O :O
Obviously I didn't buy them lol.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
I have this issue swell but the oil leaks from the back on the the exhaust manifold causing smell/smoke which is very annoying, I have the new gaskets yet lack the skill and knowledge to put them in if someone could please explain the easiest way to do this you would be doing a great favour!

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Ultra Tune did ours, took about 2 hours max including a brake fluid flush.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Double post.....

D

devilly

the hardest part doing this job is spending the time to clean out the gallery's the place where the new rubber gaskets go back into ,easy to put back together, i always see rubber and grab good old Vaseline, put a thin layer on new gasket ut in gallery ,then when you spin it over it don't fall out :) :) the reason they start leaking is because it builds up will carbon and pushes the rubber gaskets out of alinement.if it ever leaks on me again i wont be buying a gasket kit i'll just clean the gallerys and put it back together :) took me a weekend to do the job properly.