Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx ss power cable

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Looking at putting amp in my vx ss, but cant find a place to run cable through fire wall. The engine seems to take up most of firewall. has anyone else done it with an ls1?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
EDIT: Sorry, should have noticed from your ride - 6spd haha.

A few guys on here have ran the cable through another hole, just wait until they come on ;)

Last edited:

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Its a manual. Would there be enough room to go through with clutch? its only pretty small cable. just had a look and there is no way its going through where clutch goes through haha

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
There's a hole on the other side of the engine bay under the main wiring loom. Pretty much exactly the same position as the clutch grommet, just the opposite side.

monaro57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
I use the hole in the passenger side footwell, top left of the footwell just bellow the glove box, hole enters the engine bay behind the strut tower.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
i just ran a cable through in a vt which i think should be pretty similar to the vx, just go through the main harness grommit behind the right hand strut tower. you have to move the main harness that sorta wraps around the strut tower and the fuse box, there should be 2 10mm bolts that holds the fuse box to the car body the you lift it up off a clip thing then the bit that wraps around the tower needs to be uncliped from the tower. it is pretty easy to move the harness out of the way but the tricky bit is getting your cable through the grommit.

hope that helps

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Just for nextime mate, you can always drill a hole, wiring kits usually come with a grommet.

Cheers.