Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Traction Control Light Not Working

jasonzzz_petey

Supercharged VT Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this annoying issue i'm having or has a link to a good wiring diagram.

I have a VX SS Auto and the Traction control light does not come up on the dash.

I have changed over clusters and same thing the light does not come on.

Now the traction control does work I have tested it and you get the pedal pushing back up at you when it engages.

The dang light just dosen't come on so you never know if its on or off.

I have also tried using the power button switch in the traction control wiring loom since they are the same switch and still nothing.

Anyone faced a similar issue? I suspect maybe there's a busted wire somewhere between the button and the cluster.

I know the light in the current cluster is good because if I get into the mode where you test all of the lights on the cluster it does illuminate.

Cheers

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this annoying issue i'm having or has a link to a good wiring diagram.

I have a VX SS Auto and the Traction control light does not come up on the dash.

I have changed over clusters and same thing the light does not come on.

Now the traction control does work I have tested it and you get the pedal pushing back up at you when it engages.

The dang light just dosen't come on so you never know if its on or off.

I have also tried using the power button switch in the traction control wiring loom since they are the same switch and still nothing.

Anyone faced a similar issue? I suspect maybe there's a busted wire somewhere between the button and the cluster.

I know the light in the current cluster is good because if I get into the mode where you test all of the lights on the cluster it does illuminate.

Cheers
Sounds like you have pinpointed the issue to a connection or wire. I can only suggest to keep searching as you have, if it all functions its a ball sqeezer.