Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX starting issue & check engine light on lpg

WYZEUP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX LUMINA S2
hi guys,

im a newbie to all this so sorry if its in the wrong place or already been answered......

have just recently bought a vx commodore and am having a couple of little problems.

1.) strating problem: starts fine most of the time, but if you drive a short distance then turn it off for a couple of minutes the go to start it again it`ll turn over and fire then die, then go to crank it over again and theres nothing, give it about 10 seconds and crank it over and it`ll start again, any help could be great.

2.) the car is equipped with a factory duel fuel system and when usuing the gas system after about 50-60km the check engine light will come on, and if i switch it back to petrol it`ll go away then after running some petrol through swithch it back again and another 50ish kms the check engine light will come on again and will go away once switched back to petrol, any ideas?

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

shifty6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 5spd
big thread dig, i have the same problem on a VU with factory gas.
runs fine on both systems but after about 10-50km (it varies) on LPG the check engine light comes on. still drives fine with the light on and if i switch it back to petrol the light goes out. any help?

gruntavt

HSV-I Don't want one ;-)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vess-luckily
Could be an O2 sensor,I have had likewise on mine,found the connector wasn't connecting correctly in the loom,But you may have a dodgy sensor.

shifty6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 5spd
Could be an O2 sensor,I have had likewise on mine,found the connector wasn't connecting correctly in the loom,But you may have a dodgy sensor.

But the light only ever comes on when its on LPG, leading me to think its not really the sensor or wiring at all, because if there was a fault with them, the problem would present itself when running on petrol too.