Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx Subwoofer boot installation questions.

StanVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
1. Is it worth installing a subwoofer with a gas tank in the boot?
2. Does anyone have or seen how the Corner sub enclosures are?
BOTH SIDES 2 X 12'' CUSTOM SUB SUBWOOFER BOX VX VT LS1 - eBay Subwoofers, Audio, Video, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 13-Aug-09 20:45:51 AEST)
VT VX Holden Commodore 12" Both Sides BUY IT NOW!!! - eBay Subwoofers, Audio, Video, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 25-Jul-09 22:42:37 AEST)
And whether one of them is better or reccomended over the other...
3. Any suggestions on a single 12" sub to be used with a Jaycar response 1000w monoblock.
I know a guy from JB and he suggestedCompVR | KICKER and can get me buy price. So would prefer JB hifi although other suggestions will be taken into account

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
1. Yes its worth it, but the LPG tank will restrict the output somewhat....nothing that cant be fixed with good components and plenty of power.

2. Havent used either one youve suggested, the first one seems a little small, but blends in better with the boot and dosent take up as much room. Maybe you'll get some people on here that have used one of them and can comment.

Are you looking at one or two subwoofers in the boot? its just youve provided links with both sides included, thats all.

3. Those Response monos ideally like a 1 ohm load, at 2 ohm they only make 600wrms (as opposed to 1000wrms at 1 ohm). So if you only want the one subwoofer, you'll need to get a 2 ohm DVC version. I personally dont like the Comp VRs, i think theres better quality out there. Depending on what youre looking at spending on a sub, theres a few other brands that will rival or surpass the Kickers.

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
1. Is it worth installing a subwoofer with a gas tank in the boot?
1. Yes its worth it, but the LPG tank will restrict the output somewhat....

I'm driving a gassed vs with two 12" subs in the boot... I never had them before the gas, but it doesn't seem to be restricted much. I've heard of some people porting the parcel shelf... not sure how successful it is though.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
On the sub enclosures, I have one in my vz from the guy in your second link. Can't fault the build quality at all. Also considering it is the larger one and it only has a volume of slightly less than 30L (0.9 cu. ft), the ones in the first link must be tiny. Be best to check what kind of enclosure is recommended for the subs before buying them.

StanVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
Hey people, Thanks for replys,
Yehhh sorry i'm just getting one thanks for pointing that out, although they also sell one of each and that :yeah:
Oh okk Holdenboy, thats just what my mate was suggestin, i'm willing to spend up to about $300 on just the one sub, Except i guess that if i got one of those Side enclosures i wouldn't be able to get a sub which isn't a slimline... or slimish.
yeh well the first one Actually says on the page "Brand New 31 Litre 12'' Subwoofer Box"
Which is quite surprising because of how much smaller it looks
But does anyone have any other subwoofer suggestions within the pricerange?
and also another amp which you may suggest for that subwoofer?

yomikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VY S pack ute
If I put a tube sub in the boot where do I pick up the inputs for the sub? Do I have to go right back to the HU or the spkrs in the doors?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
StanVX - You could always "reverse" or invert mount the subwoofer (magnet outside the box) which then means you dont have to worry too much about the mounting depth/magnet of the sub.

yomikey - We'll need more info, maybe best to start youre own thread. But if the "tube sub" means what i think, it has a built-in amplifier. If it has "high level" inputs then you'll need to tap into the wiring that runs into the rear doors for the rear speakers.

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
Even if you do a mould of yourside wall in the boot and do a fibre glass box. something like that would maxmise space.

yomikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VY S pack ute
Yes holdenboy you are correct it does have an amp. I'll just tap into the wires at the rear doors then. Thanks.