Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Supercharged ignition packs

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
What the proper way to check if the ignition is working? I went to the mechanic lately and he told me that the ignition packs (all three) we going south. They might not be able to deliver a full spark to the cylinders and he recommended that i change them in a single go and not piece by piece. There are three ignition packs for the VX supercharged model and since only one of them is defective, is it alright to change this one first? Why is it the ignition pack nearest to the engine fails first? is it because of the heat? Any aftermarket replacements for the OEM packs?

The mechanic was kind enough to demonstrate the benefit of using new ignition packs. Idle was more stable, and there was more power to the engine. power was felt alomost immediately. he said my plugs will be needing a change to benefit from the new packs.

how long do these packs are supposed to last? I had the car for almost two years now and still using the original ones.

JC members please comment...

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Supercharged coils are about the best you will get short of big dollar CDI set ups.

MSD are IMO inferior to the L67 OEM pack.