Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX to VT Rear garnish spray job - looking for a reasonable priced Job

Warface

No time for anything!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II Supercharged V6
Hi all I have a the VX garnish going on my VT, Im looking for a good, reasonble panel shop to do the repray. I have been quoted $150 from one shop and I thought that was a bit pricey but hey I dont know the rates these days. Can anybody recommend me a good spayer or someone who wants to do the job

Thanks all

Warface

No time for anything!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II Supercharged V6
Just the garnish, I need the clear coat sprayed as it turned out like orange peel, the colour matched up quite well though

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
2000 wet the whole thing till its totally flat being careful not to rub through the clear and hand it to a panel shop.
they will just clear it with the next job.
if they want more than $50 walk away

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
$150 thats not too bad whats clear cost? an hours wages whats a worker cost an employer an hour?
ok Im not a spray painter but panel shops still have overheads and its not about what you can do the job for its about how much the customer will pay you to do the job.Know plenty of good tradesmen that ended up owing money after trying to have their own Business, quote every job on its merit ,price it as a fill in job and you will lose money.
let them bend you over once and they'll do it every time.
If they 2nd guess your first price add 20 % and send it back.