Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Traction Control

Admiral_Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series II
hey everyone quick couple of questions..

i just got a series ii VX executive for my first car.

does it have traction control as standard?
and if it does is there anyway to turn it off/where can i turn it off?

its an automatic and im having trouble spinning the wheels from a dead stop. any help appreciated.

Admiral_Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series II
thanks trikkben yeh i dont have that button.. saw it on a vt once and thought it mighta moved somewhere on the vx. thanks

v8s&2wheels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Supercharged
not that i recommend it to someone with their first car but anyway....

At a stop, try putting the car in neutral and holding the revs to about 2000rpm, and then click the car into drive while still keeping it at 2000 rpm, as soon as you feel it engaging put your foot down more, and you'll be single spinning your way down the road.

Admiral_Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series II
yeh it doesnt sound good when a 16 year old asks about that sorta stuff haha thanks though

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
not that i recommend it to someone with their first car but anyway....

At a stop, try putting the car in neutral and holding the revs to about 2000rpm, and then click the car into drive while still keeping it at 2000 rpm, as soon as you feel it engaging put your foot down more, and you'll be single spinning your way down the road.

and break your gear box

Ignited-SV6

Sleek and Class
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Yeah, definitely don't put it into neutral, rev and spin....That's how I screwed my gearbox.

At the end of the day, I've learned my lesson for trying to do wheel spins and drifting and what not. BUT IF YOU MUST!!!!....just use launch control. Brakes, Rev, let go of brakes and off you go :)

Safe driving now....enjoy!

Admiral_Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series II
Yeah, definitely don't put it into neutral, rev and spin....That's how I screwed my gearbox.

At the end of the day, I've learned my lesson for trying to do wheel spins and drifting and what not. BUT IF YOU MUST!!!!....just use launch control. Brakes, Rev, let go of brakes and off you go :)

Safe driving now....enjoy!

Yeh mate i know its not the most safe and appropriate topic. but cheers for your information ill definately try that. Thanks

Showoff

Reaction score
Members Ride
Equip Series II
Yeah definitely don't rev it in neutral then whack it into gear. you'll #### your gear box, and hence kill your baby..