Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX vs VY....which car is best?

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
VX SS Series II. Fixed a lot of the rear camber issues...

Just make sure you get a decent spec'd one... preferably with leather interior + 4 airbags. I love the look of a debadged VX SS.... Especially in black. So tough looking.

The VY is a nice car, with a better interior.... i just dont like the look.
The run pretty much the same mechanical running gear (LS1/T56) so the VXs are just as quick.

The SS will have FE2 suspension which is pretty good, but if you upgrade they handle well.

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
vy!!! no contest!

I used to drive a VY SS... one of my favorites! I look forward to buying one for my next car when budget allows

VY is newer, interior is MUCH nicer, and my personal opinion is that they look alot better on the exterior as well... but thats all personal preference, either way, great choice

adz_1983

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2001 VXII SS Commodore
I think it all come down to the price and whether you want a newer car. I've had my VX II SS for about 2 months now and am extremely happy with it, however if i had the chance and money at the time I would have gotten the VY/VZ as I prefer the look and the fact they're newer. As long as the car is half decent kms etc then i'd go either. My missus parents have the SV6 VZ and it feels really nice to drive, but no huge improvement from mine (although I've been told mine has upgraded suspension?? Atrix or something, don't know much about this....)

In the long run, if you're happy that all that matters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
At the end of the day they realy are the same car so it would depend on which one you think looks better.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Depends on what shape you like. If you prefer the VX shape, get a Series 2. Whilst the VX was a pretty good model without to many flaws, some series 1's suffered camber in the rear because of the suspension. It was fixed in the Series 2's. Thats really the only fault I can think of that was widespread.

jesse'sVT5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Series 1
I wish I could have a VT-VX Body shape with a VY interior.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I wish I could have a VT-VX Body shape with a VY interior.

2nd that. Love the VX shape, But love the VY Dash. I think you can convert it over but takes some time lol

-Guy-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS '95
My cousin owns a VX SS and he has never ending problems with it..Always have to repair it non-stop, and now he has given up on it and is selling it.
VY SS is a better car overall, and if I had the money I would rather the VY SS over the VX SS anyday.