Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX-VT or VZ?

VN Lukey

BT1, the way to go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VN S1
hi guys, im looking for a new car, im debating on a VX-VT supercharged V6 or VZ V6 (175kw version)

what do u guys think of the VZ, it there any comon problems or anything i should know? are they a good engine compared to Eco-tech?

cheers guys,

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i find anything with an ecotec agricultural, alloytec is so much smoother nicer sounding and more refined than an ecotec

DAZ88P

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
with my old VT, when i thrashed it i felt bad as it felt rough.

The VZ feels much more free revving and hell of a lot smoother.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Technological Advancements always bring Improvements.
Unless you have a specific reason as to why you would want a VX, a VZ is a no-brainer.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
more advanced engine: yes. without its problems: no.

The only real problems with them are thier inherent ability to kill timing belts, and the fact that thier aftermarket is no-where near the eco's, and the eco will be cheaper to maintain. Plus VY/VZ's just look like thier trying to hard (they is ugly!!!), but then i'm biased :whistling

kicker12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I reckon the VY/VZ looks pretty sleek and classy IMO, obviously once again im biased lol. but i reckon they have nice lines and the vx/vt shape looks a bit outdated. now the VE that is trying a bit too hard...personally i like the VE's look but it is a bit much.

Engine-wise...i got no clue in the difference, never driven a 175kw alloytec or a charged vt/vx

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
The Alloytec doent have a timing belt.

...... my bad should've said chain. Also forgot to say that they are a POS!
I haven't driven a VZ, but the VE's I have driven were hunks of junk, and I'm glad i didn't buy one.

It's really upto you but if you want to chase power at some stage than get something with an L67 in it, because word on the street is the alloytec won't keep up.

Kn10

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
I reckon the VY/VZ looks pretty sleek and classy IMO, obviously once again im biased lol. but i reckon they have nice lines and the vx/vt shape looks a bit outdated. now the VE that is trying a bit too hard...personally i like the VE's look but it is a bit much.
+1 to that. Im also a bit biased too since I drive a VZ... but I could have afforded a VE but I just felt they were trying too hard. I think the VZ just looks sleek :)