Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX/VY SS or WH Statesman International LS8??

cybermatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
SII VT
I am looking at getting another car however, I am not sure which one to get.

It has to have be 5.7 V8 and I have been thinking I would like to get one of the following - either a WH Statesman International or a VX/VY SS.

I know they are very much totally different cars, but what would you get if you had the choice and why?

Personally, I am leaning towards the Statesman over the SS simply because there isn't much the Stateman doesn't have in terms of options/features etc.

Your thoughts?? :)

MikeVXSS

!!!GO TIMMY GO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
Id say go the SS but ive got one lol. I reckon the ss has all the options you need in a luxury holden. Not sure id go with a vy but not to keen on the magna arse end and they look alot smaller than all the other models. You can pick up a 6 speed man VX SS with 23000 k's on the clock for 24 thou plus over here in WA.

GO THE VX SS

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
I think statesman. A WH is about the same year as a VT/VX isnt it??

Really, it depends on what you want the car for. If you want to be running 11's or anything like that, get the SS. If you want a nice comfy refined daily driver, i say get the WH. But my opinion doesnt really count for much. I suspect that whatever i post won't really change your mind about it.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i would personally go the stato just because theyre upper class theye are comfy with as you said lots of options and theres still the grunt of the 5.7lt there when you need it even if it is alot heavier than the ss

cybermatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
SII VT
Well, I took the Stato for a drive today it was fantastic. Very comfortable and lots of grunt. I gave it the boot at one stage the power felt awesome; just forced you back into your seat. Awesome feeling!

I am definitely leaning towards the Stato.

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
if you want luxury and elegance, the stato is great. If your a car customising speed freak, the SS is the way to go.

Personally I think your better off getting a WH Grange, kill 2 birds with one stone. And you could pick one up for at least $30K