Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Wagon not talking to Tech 2

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Hey guys. I have a VX wagon that I am currently having some faults with (TC, Airbag, Oil and SRS lights intermittently turning on). I have a clone Tech 2 that I have used in the past to troubleshoot issues however my car is now not communicating with it. The Tech 2 is receiving power, but whenever I try and scan it fails.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting this?

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
Unplug Abs pump and retry scanning with tech2. Have seen quite a few where the abs module fails and shuts down the canbus network, also causes a christmas tree on the dash

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
How far do you get before it cracks the sads? Like are you able to get into fault clearing before it does or does it not even let you get that far? As silly as it sounds have you tried removing and reinstalling the cartridge too?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The attached file may help you diagnose the problem with your car/scan tool.

Attachments

• VX V6 PCM - On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) System Check.pdf
    786.7 KB · Views: 59

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
How far do you get before it cracks the sads? Like are you able to get into fault clearing before it does or does it not even let you get that far? As silly as it sounds have you tried removing and reinstalling the cartridge too?
I was able to select my vehicle and then it failed.

However, I went out the next day, tried to start the car and there was no error lights on the dash, and the Tech 2 worked.

Now after clearing codes the only one I can't explain is ABS DTC74 "torque circuit failure". Does anyone know what this actually means?

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
I was able to select my vehicle and then it failed.

However, I went out the next day, tried to start the car and there was no error lights on the dash, and the Tech 2 worked.

Now after clearing codes the only one I can't explain is ABS DTC74 "torque circuit failure". Does anyone know what this actually means?
What you are describing is exactly what happens when the abs unit fails. Easiest way to diagnose is to wait until it does it again and just unplug the abs module, if tech2 communicates and all lights but the abs one go out it is the abs module

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
.......Now after clearing codes the only one I can't explain is ABS DTC74 "torque circuit failure". Does anyone know what this actually means?
Here you go, some light reading for you:

Attachments

• DTC 74 - Actual Torque Circuit Fault.pdf
    655.3 KB · Views: 53

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator