Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx with vz monaro front & bonnet

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
FROGi said:
My girlfriends brother fitted one to his VY SS ute, but it did require some cutting. Looked f-cukin sweet though!

You can get fiberglass hoods off ebay that will bolt straight onto the current VY hinges for $650. Should've looked there 1st if you weren't fussy if it was metal or f/g ;)

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
Yeah, this was much earlier, when there were around 8 or 9 genuine Monaro bonnets floating around in WA. He was quick to nab one, because Holden stopped selling them pretty quick smart. I'm not sure whether the imitation ones were available at the time.

INSAYN

INSAYN
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Calais V8
FROGi said:
Yeah, this was much earlier, when there were around 8 or 9 genuine Monaro bonnets floating around in WA. He was quick to nab one, because Holden stopped selling them pretty quick smart. I'm not sure whether the imitation ones were available at the time.
Are holden no longer selling them in aussie ? i had to supply a vz monaro vin number to buy some of the parts

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
I'm not sure what the go is now, but I got mine roughly around the same time they started putting GTO bonnets on the Monaro, and I was only able to get mine because another bloke placed an order but realised it wouldnt fit his VY. Then apparently, Holden put a stop on them before too many got away. So at the time there were only a handful of GTO bonnets floating around the country.

B

blofly

so I wonder how long after market bonnets come about? what was that companys name that made those body kits that wre showed on the blue supercharged gen III ute in street commodores a month or 3 ago? it had all the show girls dressed up in skimpy cop out fits?

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
SSV do them, but I think CAPA does as well, unless of course they're getting them from the same manufacturer.

INSAYN

INSAYN
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Calais V8
FROGi said:
I'm not sure what the go is now, but I got mine roughly around the same time they started putting GTO bonnets on the Monaro, and I was only able to get mine because another bloke placed an order but realised it wouldnt fit his VY. Then apparently, Holden put a stop on them before too many got away. So at the time there were only a handful of GTO bonnets floating around the country.

i guess they need to keep a certain number of bonnets for genuine monaro replacements

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
hey, that's a nice ride your got there, i agree with your comment on the v8, i just traded mine and went back to a six cause my wife just putts around town, seemed like a bit of a waste.
Having said that i'll get another one.....when money permits!

INSAYN

INSAYN
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Calais V8
vtjw said:
hey, that's a nice ride your got there, i agree with your comment on the v8, i just traded mine and went back to a six cause my wife just putts around town, seemed like a bit of a waste.
Having said that i'll get another one.....when money permits!

Thanks mate , wonder what those new motors are like , the v8 ones that shut down a couple of cylinders to a v6 while just cruising

Timzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
those headlights.... are they the same size as standard vt headlights? like will they fit the stock vt front bumper?