Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VXR Brake Pads / Rotors

higherVXR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 Commodore ZB VXR 3.6L V6
Does anyone have experience with aftermarket pads and discs on the VXR? I got a quote from the dealer when I got it serviced - $1189 for front and $845 for rear, $2034 in total! I believe they may be Brembo OEM front pads? (The calipers are Brembo on the front on the VXR).

Not sure whether it's worth trying a Bendix or DBA option or some other aftermarket brand but even then its looking around $1700-1800 all up.

Any experience is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Does anyone have experience with aftermarket pads and discs on the VXR? I got a quote from the dealer when I got it serviced - $1189 for front and $845 for rear, $2034 in total! I believe they may be Brembo OEM front pads? (The calipers are Brembo on the front on the VXR).

Not sure whether it's worth trying a Bendix option or some other aftermarket brand but even then its looking around $1700-1800 all up.

Any experience is greatly appreciated!
Give Brakes Direct a call on 1300724943. I've always found them good to deal with. Another option is to see if RDA have anything that might suit your car. Bendix pads are reasonably priced. Revnev in a different thread says to get the ordinary Bendix pads over the Ultimates for a road going car.

higherVXR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Give Brakes Direct a call on 1300724943. I've always found them good to deal with. Another option is to see if RDA have anything that might suit your car. Bendix pads are reasonably priced. Revnev in a different thread says to get the ordinary Bendix pads over the Ultimates for a road going car.
Awesome thanks for that! I'll give them a call first thing tomorrow. I have found some DBA options for pads and rotors for a much cheaper price.

Do you have any opinion on DBA? Wondering if its worth trying them out!

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Awesome thanks for that! I'll give them a call first thing tomorrow. I have found some DBA options for pads and rotors for a much cheaper price.

Do you have any opinion on DBA? Wondering if its worth trying them out!
DBA are excellent rotors, go for the slotted ones. Once again contact Brakes Direct. The times I have dealt with them they have been cheaper as well.

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
Everyone will say something different. But my experience is that OEM discs and DBA disks are delivered to customer within specification, meaning no run-out. RDA and PBR by comparison were a headache. And slotted discs tended to be noisier and dustier. DBA street would be the most likely of the inexpensive options to not have run-out.

So I would buy DBA street series front discs from Automotive Superstore (presently $319) and rears from Holmart (presently $180). Street series probably made in China but seem to be made correctly in China. I had a Set on my VE SS with Brembos and
They were great, although was not eg. Racing it.

Lots of pad options. TBH if you can get OEM for a fair price this might be OK, won't chop the discs up. Someone else might have some ideas for pads....

higherVXR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Everyone will say something different. But my experience is that OEM discs and DBA disks are delivered to customer within specification, meaning no run-out. RDA and PBR by comparison were a headache. And slotted discs tended to be noisier and dustier. DBA street would be the most likely of the inexpensive options to not have run-out.

So I would buy DBA street series front discs from Automotive Superstore (presently $319) and rears from Holmart (presently $180). Street series probably made in China but seem to be made correctly in China. I had a Set on my VE SS with Brembos and
They were great, although was not eg. Racing it.

Lots of pad options. TBH if you can get OEM for a fair price this might be OK, won't chop the discs up. Someone else might have some ideas for pads....
That’s great to hear as I need up going with the DBA pads and discs.

I spoke with Matt at Race Brakes Sydney this morning and they got me some DBA street series rotors and DBA Street Performance pads. Picked them up and then got them installed today.

Hard to give a full idea as they may need some time to bed but so far so good. Feel very nice and on par / better than OEM so far. Definitely better than the minimal pad and disc I had left.

Will keep an eye on the discs and see how they wear in! Appreciate the info.