Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY 03 Digital speedo like VZ

TooCoolMate

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s p plate
hey is there any way that i could get a digital speedo like the VZ but in a VY thanks

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Have it enabled with a Tech 2 tool.

Rawrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais 3.8
Yeah, I'd like to know this, too. Another way to get to it is by going into engineering mode, by holding mode and set down as you turn the ignition on, but there are a couple of caveats, and I'm wondering if the Tech 2 tool can resolve these caveats:

-it only works for that drive, if you want to do it again, you have to enter engineering mode again later
-it uses a small lightweight font
-I'm not aware of a way to exit engineering mode while driving, i.e. to get to normal trip computer functions

Cheers

TooCoolMate

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s p plate
I heard that a aldl cable and a laptop does it as well or is that something else

NSTG8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Maloo R8 + VX Berlina 5.7
the only way to have the digital speedo permanently enabled is by having "police mode" turned on via a tech2. There is no other way to permanently enable it

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Or speak to forum use Tazzi. He can sort you out.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I went to a Holden dealer today who said that can't do it. So I went to another one even further away and they said they can do it, they don't want to do it but they will, and that it takes an hour and it will cost me $125. So I'm not sure what I should do

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I went to a Holden dealer today who said that can't do it. So I went to another one even further away and they said they can do it, they don't want to do it but they will, and that it takes an hour and it will cost me $125. So I'm not sure what I should do

HAHAHAHAHA. Dealers are idiot. 1st one was lying or very stupid. Second one was definitely lying. Assuming it takes them 2 minutes to get the Tech2 out, 1 minute to plug it in, it is still a 5 minute job.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
hey is there any way that i could get a digital speedo like the VZ but in a VY thanks

Hi mate how are you.
I own a Tech2 and can turn it on for you. I have done it before for a customer with fuel gauge reading backwards he also wanted the digital speedo enabled.

Filb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sedan+ wifes VYII wagon.
pm me i know a mech on the gold coast that can do it for you he done mine took all of 6 mins and cost alot less then taking it to a dealer