Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy 3.8 ute

H

HOWUDN

Hi furrhead
i myself have a VY storm ute with auto transmission mine uses about 12-15.7/100klms around town and 9.2-10.8l/100klms on the highway, that is normaly i have done 13000klms in the car but sometimes when i fill up the fuel figure stays around 18l/100klms in town and 16 on the highway i am about to go to Holden myself too but sounds like it is going to be a drama, i have also had two VY SS utes and they had better fuel consumption then this one i have now. have you heard anymore from Holden yet?

furrhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8
furrhead

Thanks for your input.
Mine now reads around 20-21l/km around town. My dealer now says to try another brand petrol apart from the 2 major brands. Contacted Holden last week and they said that they would get a manager to call me. Still waiting for the call. I am giving them one more day to respond. Then I will go to consumer affairs and pay $29.00 for mediation between me and Holden to have the car fixed. I am not paying my hard earned money to keep being fobbed off. I feel they have no idea how to fix the problem until people force them to.

VYFORI

VEFORME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan
GDAY EVERYONE.....

i have a Well new VY ute 3.8 V6 manual.
Its done about 52,000 now.... i know alittle bit of Km's
i drive it everywhere when i first got it but starting the cool down now since the bug has gone
Well for now until mods :w00t:

But answer you question to this thread yes does seem to be abit high dude on fuel consumption

Its it manual or auto...?

i work inner city and i get around 12-14/100km depending if i flock her or not !
but i have been up to the gold coast twice in her and she is great...

On the freeway i get down to about 8-9 if i sit around 100km but over and you blow it up to around 10-11 maybe 120 -140 and sit for hours 2600rpm plus. i got about 550 - 600 on the freeway and 450 -500 around town full tank

I use BP ultimate 98 + ALWAYS...
Since i first got her at 300km out of the dealer it has had premiem unleaded always.

Trust me you will notice the different not to mension the engine.

JUST MY 2c

:drink:

tankey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Ute 3.8
Trip Computer Re-Calibration

I had the same sort of thing. Holden re-calibrated the trip computer as they new this was a prob. Ask about this at your next service. I get around 450 to 500 ks around sydney, but can get from Ballina to Baulkham Hills on 1 tank on the highway.

Cheers!