Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY 5 beeps on start and stop, system check ok though.

Venomisto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7L Calais
Hey all, a few days ago I got both my gas injection serviced and a stereo installed on the same day, afterwards I noticed this 5 beeps on ignotion on and off. I've only had the car a week or 2 but I'm sure I don't remember it being there before. I took it to holden today and the service guy took a quick look and said the beeps were coming out the speaker so it must be a radio code and not coming from the car. So fair enough I go home and pull the stereo back out and the beeping is still there with no stereo in. It's 5 clear beeps when the car is started or stopped, but the system check says all ok. Any ideas please? I am hoping this is not how all VY's are and meant to be doing this on start/stop.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
So, ARE the beeps coming out of the speakers or from behind the dash?
Have you got a separate hands free Bluetooth set up?
Maybe disconnect the battery for a minute or two. Something may need to be reset.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
If you have a hands free unit,make a call and be on the phone while you turn the ignition on /off and see if it alters it in any way,other wise I would go to a place like Strathfield car radio,pro-sound etc as they would have a better idea!It sounds like its ROAMING for a connection of some sort,or It could be something even to do with the fuel gauge for the LPG,if its an after market system,honestly I have no bloody idea ,just trying to help you out by throwing any possibilities out there :idea3:,Heres another one adjust the radio fader to the rear speakers so as to fade the front speakers out and see if it still does it,but at a reduced almost whisper beep,

Venomisto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7L Calais
They must be coming out of the dash I think, becaus there isn't even a stereo in it right now, unless the speakers are wired into something else other than the stereo. There is no bluetooth system that I am aware of, unless there is one stashed behind the dash I haven't seen. Tomorow I will finish installing the new stereo system and speakers, so I will test it while the old speakers are compltely removed to be sure, but I can't see it coming from the speakers when they aren't even connected to any stereo right now. If the beeping stops when I remove the old speakers I'll be very confused...

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Have you gone back and asked who done the gas service/stereo install if they activated anything or do they know what it is.Does it sound like its the same beep made as when the hand brake is on and you reach a certain speed and it starts to sing?

Karlzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vy s2 spac
Hey all, a few days ago I got both my gas injection serviced and a stereo installed on the same day, afterwards I noticed this 5 beeps on ignotion on and off. I've only had the car a week or 2 but I'm sure I don't remember it being there before. I took it to holden today and the service guy took a quick look and said the beeps were coming out the speaker so it must be a radio code and not coming from the car. So fair enough I go home and pull the stereo back out and the beeping is still there with no stereo in. It's 5 clear beeps when the car is started or stopped, but the system check says all ok. Any ideas please? I am hoping this is not how all VY's are and meant to be doing this on start/stop.
Did you end up resolving this?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
My guess would have been the headunit making the noise.