Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Auto gear knob into a VT-VX dash, will it fit.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Can a VY auto gear knob fit into a VT-VX dash, Much like the VY-VZ handbrake does i was curious as i was given one to know if anyone has done it before or know something about doing it?.

Attachments

• VY into VT..JPG
    VY into VT..JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 5,717

1999vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic edition v6
did you get this sorted out? i wanna know too. and btw how much do these gearsticks cost?

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
I only know of one member who has actually done this, his name is kego, the pictures are below.

This is what he told me:

kego said:
hi mate,
with the auto shifter, you wont be able to use the button on top to select gears but it doesn't do anything anyway. the vy/vz shifter is to big for the shaft so you can get some tape and run the tape around it heaps to make it bigger or weld around the metal post to make it bigger so it isn't sloppy. then i just put it on and put a screw in the back to hold it on. you will see a little bit of the metal shaft under the shifter but i just got it trimmed in leather.

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
that looks good w/ the vy/vz wheel, shifter and handbrake, when he says the button on top doesnt do anything, does he mean when you select the gears that you dont have to push the button?

Last edited:

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
IMO the vy/vz steering wheel doesn't match at all, looks too modern in a simple old designed interior