Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY auto v6 - help

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
I am some what of a novice when it comes to engine mods. I know the very basics about the motor. From doing a bit of reading through this forum I have gathered that the best mods for my car would be a

69mm Throttle body
25mm manifold spacer
12mm plenum spacer
CAI
And 1.9.1 roller rockers - with new push rod????

Is that right ?? It's a stock vy engine. Is it worth doing these mods with a stock exhaust ???
Sorry for all the questions it's something I'd like to do I just wanna make sure what I'm doing is A. Right B. In the correct order C. Not going to waste money cause I should have done my headers or exhaust instead.

Any help would be awesome

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Your list looks the goods mate,id retain the stock throttlebody at the moment and get a good catback exhaust.A mandrel bent 2 1/2" will be plenty.Keep middle and rear resonator whatever you do or it will sound like a fartinacan,not cool.

Give your Airflow meter a clean aswell with CRC Contact Cleaner and make sure your car is in good allround running condition before starting mods though.If you have the money then get the headers and catback installed at the same time.

Exhaust
Rockers
CAI
Manifold spacer
Plenum spacer

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
Yea I've been looking at either a 2 1/2 cat back setup I just dont want it to drone. It's a v6 I know that an I'm not pretending to have a v8 so what system do you think would suit that all I want is a nice note when you give it a boot full but quiet when I'm driving normally. Sorry about all the questions as I said I don't want to make the mistake of getting the wrong thing cause I'm under informed.

MACE

Reaction score
Unless you're planning on putting a large cam or supercharging your setup, I wouldn't worry about headers, money definitely could be better spend elsewhere.

As for an exhaust system you can use a redback system, or ideally a ex HSV unit.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Steve

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim