Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Berlina Cruise control issues

Sdel179

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6
Just wondering if anyone else's cruise control just turns off when you hit bumps on the road like expansion joints on bridges.. I have noticed a few times it won't engage.. I'm starting to think it's related to the brake light switch, as it cut out yesterday after a jolt from the expansion joint on the bridge going to work then wouldn't re engage unit I pressed the brake an few times, then worked again :(( oh the joys of 13 year old holdens..at least it's not a same vintage vectra or Astra hey

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
That is exactly it. You can try spraying the switch with some WD40 and see if it improves, it may be adjustment or it may be a buggered switch.

south123

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
Maybe the return spring has lost it's strength and is allowing the brake pedal arm to hang down a bit further than it should therefore activating the plunger, have someone follow you over a bumpy road and see if your brake lights keep coming on and off, or another way is to when you are about to go over a big bump put your foot under the pedal and lift up slightly and see if the cruise control still deactivates.

Sdel179

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6
Thank you both..I will be on night shift next week I can see the brake light in the back window then.. I will see what happens when I hit the same spot..80% of the time it cuts off..