Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Berlina Grille Mod

krossbones

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Berlina V6
well i've got myself a series 1 berlina i believe :unsure:

its the same bottom black insert as warrick used to have

how much is the fog light black insert worth anyway???

and am i going to have to do much wiring or is there an extension off the loom for me ready to go?

-marcus

krossbones

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Berlina V6
Batemada

I recently bought the upper and lower grilles and will be selling off the Berlina parts when I have finished the conversion.

sell me your S2 berlina bits? they have the fog lights holes dont they? :yeah:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi Krossbones

Yeah, the Series two grille has the fogs. The chromed surrounds are part of the grille but the lights will be staying with the car. As far as I know, the fog light assemblies fix to the back of the grille assembly. I'm not sure whether the Series One VY Berlinas have the wiring already installed ready to take the fogs. Just look behind the grille and see if you can locate a pair of wires with connector, clipped to the extreme front of the left and right hand chassis side rails. That's how they are fitted on my sons VZ Acclaim, which doesn't have fogs fitted.

At this stage, I haven't started to convert the grilles over. I must admit, I have already purchased the Series 2 upper and lower grilles, but the modified series one OP is bloody neat - I might consider making that modification instead.

Once I've done the work, I will probably advertise in the trading section.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I've just completed a grille modification very similar to Warrick, but fitted the mesh at the rear of the modified Berlina frame, rather than inserting it behind the Holden insignia. At this stage, the mesh remains in its natural metal finish as I can't decide whether to leave it natural or black it out. What do other members of the forum think?

I've already purchased a Series 2 Calais lower grille, but they don't just "drop in" and it would require a lot of work to fit to the Berlina bar. I'm now considering doing a similar conversion with mesh to see how it looks. Photos will be posted when finished if I go that way.

Attachments

• P8150215.jpg
    P8150215.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,701
  • P8150216.jpg
    P8150216.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 4,269
  • P8150217.jpg
    P8150217.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,091

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Grille photo for Krossbones

Marcus

Photo of standard VY 2 Berlina lower grille as requested. Just let me know if you are still keen and I'll check the postage.

Regards

pj

Attachments

• Grille.jpg
    Grille.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 502

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
Hi, as I am new to this forum I was wondering if anyone maybe able to help with my question:

I currently have a 2003 Black VY SS which I have started to modify, I have replaced the stock SS rims for new Black 19" rims plus replaced some of the interior parts for leather. I now am turning my attention to the front of the SS by adding the HSV Bonnet lip to the bonnet and am investigating Modifing & adding the new VE Walkinshaw Bonnet Scoop ( one without winglets) to it.

My question is that now I have added the Bonnet Lip from HSV the front stock SS grill is partly covered and looks dicky....so does anyone know of a custom made open style grill without the centre bar / logo or will a modified VZ SS grill fit? I can remove the centre bar and logo from a VZ SS grill leaving only the surround and black grill mesh but just wondering if it would fit the VY SS front bar?

So if anyone has any advise that would be great.

Regards

Rob