Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Blaupunkt 6 Disc Stacker Issue

Anwyll

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Berlina V6
Hey fellow VY drivers

I am just wondering if anyone has come across a problem the Blaupunkt 6 Disc Stacker factory head unit and home burnt cds?

Yesterday I burnt a bunch of cds to keep in the car and after about 20 minutes of play the cd starts skipping and crap with not a single scratch or flaw on the disc. For my drive to work this morning I grabbed a store bought disc and it played with no issue at all.

Has anyone had this problem before? Have you found a type of writable cd the units don't have a problem with? I was using silver discs which I know some readers don't like (my work pc won't even detect them).

Thanks

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Yes, ive had this issue. I just burnt them again but at a slower speed (2x). The std HU's must be really sensitive to copied CD's.

Im using Imation CD's.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Me too- Just proves that fine German machinery doesnt like crap inserted in it!!!!! Stick to genuine Roy Orbison CD's...........

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
yeh mate, i would say its not the CD players fault. Terrible brand CD's or burning to quickly would be the cause of this.. I use TDK or Verbatim CD's never had a problem with them ever, scratched to the sh1thouse and they still play!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Me too- Just proves that fine German machinery doesnt like crap inserted in it!!!!! Stick to genuine Roy Orbison CD's...........

PUll it out of the dash and have a look at the label - I think they're made in China.....like everything is these days, regardless of the name.

Anwyll

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Berlina V6
yeh mate, i would say its not the CD players fault. Terrible brand CD's or burning to quickly would be the cause of this.. I use TDK or Verbatim CD's never had a problem with them ever, scratched to the sh1thouse and they still play!

Well they're Sony brand cds so I don't think the quality was the issue while burning the same disc with a slower speed has solved the problem.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
yeh burning to fast does it too lol.. good ta hear ya got it fixed!

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Probably crap media. I have no probs with Ritek CDR's burnt at 16x speed.