Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Calais LS1 BCM plugs

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Hi All, I need someone with a VY Calais V8 to do me a huge solid and check their BCM to see how many plugs are connected to it. Also if they could try to identify where those plugs are connected to the loom, that is three together and a fourth off somewhere else?

My project has developed the need to install a VY Calais BCM but the loom I have for the job only has three plugs, but there are four sockets on the BCM. So I'm stumped where the fourth plug comes from, and if it's even connected.

I'm hoping someone here can have a quick look for me before I start hunting through wreckers yards so I have a better idea what I'm looking for.

Cheers heaps!

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing in a week... I'm hoping it's just the one VY Calais LS1 owner on the forum has been busy... so any VY Monaro owners out there that could help? Also what BCM number is installed in the VY Monaro if anyone can help.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
So will ANYONE with ANY KIND OF VY WHATSOEVER even bother to have a look at their BCM plugs?

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
i can probably help........
i need to know what year VY Calais, 2002/2003/2004 and if you know if its series 1 or 2

if you still want the Monaro Info on the BCM i need the same info--- year and if its, V1, V2 or V3

i need to know these as there can be running changes from year to year or even month to month, we've had 3 Vy Berlinas in the family and wiring although is 99% the same for most stuff, there has been a few things wired differently

id say no one has replied as the BCM is up top of the dash, and you need to pull a fair amount of the car apart to get to it

once you tell me these, i go through my workshop manual

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks heaps. I'm after a 2003 / series 1 VY for the BCM details as I'm using a WK series 1 dash cluster (2003). I've got a 211 High BCM to wire in but only 3 plugs on the loom(s) I've bought but the BCM has 4 sockets. :(

The car it's going into, and thus the original BCM loom, is a 2002 VX/V2 series 1 CV8. If by any chance you have the BCM pinouts for both the 2002 and 2003 that would make my project 100% easier, I just can't find them.

Did they move the BCM higher in the VYs than the VT/VX? It's just under the footwell cover in my CV8.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
whats your email address

I will have pinouts for both, the vy and Monaro, bare with me as it's a fair bit of information, so I'll email the diagrams through that mention the BCM later tonight

can i ask why your trying to swap BCM's and clusters?

Last edited: