Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Calais Reverse Sensors not working

fleetwood74

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Series 2 5.7LT Calais HBD
Hi everybody, How do you get reverse sensors working again on a 2003 VY calais. I'm guessing its a wiring thing or can it be a fuse? I am such a dumb blonde when it comes to these things...

Thanks In Advance

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
More info required.
Were they working before you did something ? or did they just stop working ?
Has it been raining or did you wash the car ? reverse sensors don't like water.

fleetwood74

Reaction score
Members Ride
More info required.
Were they working before you did something ? or did they just stop working ?
Has it been raining or did you wash the car ? reverse sensors don't like water.
Thanks for replying....
They just stopped working. Hadn't touched them at all, as I wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway!! Lolololo.....Don't think they got wet in anyway, boot is always dry!! I do have to say though, thats its very quiet without them, I found them very loud and annoying!!

fleetwood74

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for your help, much appreciated :) had a look at the forum, so many people have faults with reverse sensors! Compared my wiring looms with pictures people had posted and compared to my owners manual too, manual says loom in right rear of boot but forum member showed pictures (same car as mine) that his loom in left rear, so I just have to unplug and replug things in and see it it works! Cars - they will either make us or break us! :)

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
thanks for your help, much appreciated :) had a look at the forum, so many people have faults with reverse sensors! Compared my wiring looms with pictures people had posted and compared to my owners manual too, manual says loom in right rear of boot but forum member showed pictures (same car as mine) that his loom in left rear, so I just have to unplug and replug things in and see it it works! Cars - they will either make us or break us! :)

At least you can ask a question and hopefully fix it yourself.
Can you imagine what it was like before we had forums where we could ask questions.

scozz76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 Evoke - VYII Acclaim
mine was the speaker - The sensor worked but the little speaker was dead. Still replaced the entire module (under the parcel shelf) with a second-hand unit.