Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Car Bra, Go or No Go?

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Hey i just purchased one about a week ago off ebay. Fitted it today and went for a drive down to rosebud. Was glad to see the dead bugs and dirt on the bra and not on my paint work =)
Just make sure you clean the front of your car before you fit it, and make sure it's all dry then fit it. Also, don't use it in the wet. They say you can drive with them in the wet, but a mate of mine with a VX used his when it was raining and all the soft material on the bra went from white to black and was a real pain in the arse to clean. Had to soak it in the bath etc took a while.
Anyways well worth it for trips on highways/freeways etc.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Car bras a good for long trips and unsealed roads, in city and around not worth it. I had one for the VR for long trips, since I only do city runs I sold it on ebay.

An check ebay, you might pick up a second hand one, I got one for $65, and sold it for $70 2 years later, but mine was in good condition though!

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Hey guys!
I'm due to get my Cosmo VYII S pack in 2 weeks!
Really rapped just waiting it out.

Just a question.

Car Bra Yes or No?

Ugly or Not?

Yeah wouldn't mind getting one for my SS pack. And what's with the RIPFPV plates? That thing couldn't rip a sick granny off a dunny can! :rofl:

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i say no, as they are expencive and look crap IMO, if your gonna get a bunch of stone chips chances are some of them will miss the car bra and chip towards the back of the bonnet and the roof anyway

i think id just wait it out and if the car got that bad fork out $900 and get the front end resprayed if not i wouldent worry over a few small chips over the jist of things if the rest of the car is immaculate.

not to mention if you have a car bra your intentions are to try and keep the car in immaculate origional condition without repairs to body/paint.

cant have your cake and eat it to. hence the daily driver that you drive everywhere and anywere and the weekend toy that you start up, drive around the block wash it then lock it back up again

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I guess with the Bra you need mudflaps aswell, to protect the side panels from stone chips!

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
i say no, as they are expencive and look crap IMO, if your gonna get a bunch of stone chips chances are some of them will miss the car bra and chip towards the back of the bonnet and the roof anyway

i think id just wait it out and if the car got that bad fork out $900 and get the front end resprayed if not i wouldent worry over a few small chips over the jist of things if the rest of the car is immaculate.

not to mention if you have a car bra your intentions are to try and keep the car in immaculate origional condition without repairs to body/paint.

cant have your cake and eat it to. hence the daily driver that you drive everywhere and anywere and the weekend toy that you start up, drive around the block wash it then lock it back up again

A car bra is A LOT cheaper than a respray, and a respray never ever turns out like factory spray; the paint always chips easier, the colour is never perfect, and especially on bumper bars respraying is hard and you can see imperfections.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
A car bra is A LOT cheaper than a respray, and a respray never ever turns out like factory spray; the paint always chips easier, the colour is never perfect, and especially on bumper bars respraying is hard and you can see imperfections.

respray before you sell car looks neat most people wont pick it

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
as for imperfections you want me to pick out all the factory imperfections in an adverage vy ? lol ive had 2 and both low mileage no accidents n have peices of hair and sand stuck to parts of the paint, not to mention terrible orange peel over the entire body

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
as for imperfections you want me to pick out all the factory imperfections in an adverage vy ? lol ive had 2 and both low mileage no accidents n have peices of hair and sand stuck to parts of the paint, not to mention terrible orange peel over the entire body

Well fortuantely i don't have that =). Also i think most of us get car bras to protect the car whilst we have it.. who wants to drive around a car covered in stone chips, then spray it before it's sold. I'd much prefer to have it in good nic right through =).

wazza 42

White Pure White
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VYII S Pack Utility/03 VYII S Pack Sedan