Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Charged Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
Diff gears are in. She has a lot more punch now, but will be fully realized when I install the 12psi pulley and water/meth on the weekend.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Nice. Perfect ratio but they usually have a tidy price tag associated. What did they cost to install or did you do it yourself? Do you notice a big improvement in second? That's what's getting me at the moment, 1st is savage then it kind of lingers in 2nd from 70-90 (I'm being fussy) til the boost comes back to offer its assistance.

Reaction score
Members Ride
$1630 with new gears, bearings etc. It was done at Mal Woods in Warwick. I haven't given it too much yet because the new pcm is in which is accomodating the water/meth which isn't actually installed yet.....long story. But to answer your question, yes it has more punch in 1st and 2nd. It will light up 2nd if I hold it flat through the 1st-2nd shift. Until I have the shift points and meth sorted I can't really say too much else.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thread updated with water/meth and 12psi pulley. Pics of water/meth install coming soon.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here is a view of the Water/Meth install. The pump is hidden inside the Mace enclosure under the pod filter. You can see the red hose running to just outside the throttle body.
8a3LEyi.jpg

This is the controller unit that tells the pump when to start and stop. It has a boost line going to it. It is set to progressively pump more meth as the manifold boost pressure rises.
yM1crxQ.jpg

The reservoir. You can see the red tube going into the side of the Mace enclosure at the bottom. And also an old washing machine in the background.
cRdc353.jpg

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Nice rig man , Did you lower the rear with blocks or reset leafs ? thinking of lowering mine just a tad ./